View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2015, 10:36 PM   #15
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dre

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, 2008 ZX6, 2011 Ninja 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Danny View Post
Looking great! I can't wait to track out my 300. Gotta wait for the 600 first though.
Hopefully you are taking the 300 to the track now. The 600s are fun. But I find the 250s/300s to be just as much fun, if not more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
She is getting there, looking good. Let us know your opinion on the Dunlops when you get some time on them.
I am really torn. I just can't find a lot of feedback on running these tires at race pace in lower temps, sub 60s. First race of the year is in March and it will be chilly at Roebling. If I don't find out something soon, the Pirelli's will be fitted, with the Unbeatens pulling duty during summer. Tires...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden07 View Post
Most of my buddies and myslef are on the Bt-003rs and love them (120/140).. a couple guys run the unbeatens and like them too.. i had the pirellis and just didnt like them very much.. maybe its the surface where im at or something but the 003s felt so much better.. on the 110 i was going all the way to the edge of the tire.. which doesnt bother me but leaves me wondering how much lean can i get.. on the 120s i still have a notch of space that doesnt see much action but makes me feel better knowing i have that little extra.. and i feel like i am goin hard on it.. pictures do better justice

what are you going to do for steering stabilizer?? I thought it ridiculous to pay 400 for the name brand stuff so i bought the chinese one for 80 off ebay.. i cant compare it to the 400$ cause ive never used it but i could definitely feel a difference with having it vs not having it.. may have had to crank it to the hardest damping it would allow me to do but it works well
I was torn over the 003RS. I looked at them years ago, before I had a dedicated track bike. I didn't like them because I ready they were crap in the rain. Now, I may have to rethink this since I'll rock the Pirelli's in the rain. Again, tires...

As far as stabilizers go, there is a thread on here where someone used a GSXR damper with a Pro Tek fork Tube clamp. I really like that setup. But I'm not going to do anything until I ride the bike for a few months. I want to shake-out the kinks before I make any more changes to it. You should do a write-up of your eBay stabilizer. I'm curious to see how it's installed and hear how it performs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
Just ride it on track as is, just don't exceed your comfort level and you should be good to go

on topic: Bike looks sick, looking forward to the dunlop review since I'm a fan of dunlop tires

what are you thinking for paint scheme?
Paint scheme was easy. I'm keeping it simple. Kawasaki green with the black bottom, on both the 300 and 600. I just finished painting the 300 Sunday. It came out great for a first time painter and using rattle can. Clear coat is a PITA! Here's the mostly finished product.

And a little something to dress up the front.

gogoKawi is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.