View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2010, 05:37 PM   #156
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
Yeah, I put around 100 miles on her last week. Surprisingly the new Trek is not that much better than my '91 C'dale - at least as far as hauling butt goes. I mean, the new 105 is definitely lighter, snappier, and more precise than the old 105; and the 10spd cassette does offer alot more flexibility. But I think the old 3.0 Crit frame does a better job of converting my effort into speed. It feels like very little is wasted on the C'dale; my legs push and it goes.

However, the Trek is about 1.5lbs lighter (19lbs vs 20.5lbs with pedals, cages, bottles, computer, and bags -the only way I have ever weight both of them) and infinitely more comfortable (minus the saddle which is taking some time to get used to). The new bike just seems to drain me less over a couple of hours of riding. Its not as twitchy and manic, and its smoother, vibrates less, and is just more relaxed - which makes for a better overall ride.
Try taking the saddle off the Cannondale and putting it on the Trek. All six of my bikes have the same saddle. They are also set up the same in terms of saddle height, stem height and reach, and so on. Makes life easier.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote