View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #1
MikeBudd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): RED 2010 Ninja 250r

Throttle problem? Bike bogs and dies

Hey guys,

So today I decided I was going to shim the needles on my beauty, and got as far as putting the washers on the needles when I realized I had bought the wrong size washers as the plastic piece that holds the needle in place would not fit over the washers. SO, I put my bike back together. Well, put the heads back on screwed them in with everything in place, put the gas tank back on, connected the 3 hoses and the fuel sensor that go to the gas tank and started my bike.

Starts fine with the choke on, then goes down to normal idle speed after I take the choke off.

My problem is that right when I touch the throttle the bike bogs the rpm's drop and the bike dies. Well not with just a touch, but almost.

I'm quite sure I put the needles back in properly, along with screwing the carby head's back on properly, and it did not look like the rubber diaphragm was damaged.

I'm wondering what I should try? I could take the carbys out and clean them out real good, but that would take a long time, and I will have to wait to do that. To be honest I am thinking about just flushing some cleaner in there to clean them out and see if that works first. I heard Seafoam works really well.

Thoughts?
MikeBudd is offline   Reply With Quote