View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2014, 10:17 AM   #35
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigballsofpaint View Post
Hey Joe, would you want me to mock up a design that uses the M8 holes threaded under the fork instead of using bolts like you are? All i have to do is measure how this the piece is on the fork. Since your design goes on the top, the other goes along the bottom, i should be able to just drop those 2 holes down to sit under the fork. Im pretty sure we have some M8 taps around.
If it's not to much trouble. Trying to think of how things will be affected.

If you treat the Caliper side with the thicker section as a stationary Zero point, you could probably just measure the thickness of the OEM caliper mount where holes are that is fixed to the right fork and then subtract that + the thickness of the bracket and drop it that far and that would get you to the right spot while maintaining the correct position of the caliper in the Z plane.

When you do it this way, you would also be able to lose the thicker section on the caliper holes as it would not be needed anymore and just make that whole level of the bracket 1/4" from the previous lower point where bracket actual met caliper. It might change some of the clearances with the pots on the caliper but I think we gave ourselves enough room there and should be fine.

Only other thing that would need to be addressed is that the new section that is going to mount to the fork mount on the inside will have to be 0.20" thick, 0.25" I think is just a hair to thick and might contact the buttons of the larger rotor.

Let me know if you are following me, I can give more info in a PM and even do a quick sketch since the hole positions will not change in relation to each other in

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote