View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2022, 08:46 AM   #7
thedrewski86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2007 SV650S 2005 EX250F

I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for. The first-gen is my favorite, and I have picked up a few in that price range (one w/o title). Nowdays I wouldn't consider getting one that wasn't really nice. The nice ones aren't that expensive anyway, and it's worth putting that money up to start with a better project. I see nice ones in the LA market going for $2,500 - which is a lot for an old 250 - but once you start trying to restore these, you pay that and then some without having the nice bike to begin with.
Another thing to consider is the new-gen and the 300 (the 400 is a new bike and I don't consider it a real ninjette anyway, plus it's still $$$). The new-gen 250 has slight improvements throughout and is newer, meaning you may have a chance finding a nice example still. The 300 is a big step forward in tech with the fuel injection, but that's up to you. I like carbs on my 250 and FI on my SV, so I can go either way there. The 300 is portly though.
Either way, good luck hunting and I hope you find something fun. You cannot beat the ninjette for fun on a twisty road, they're just the best!