View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #1
Cloud Strife
Hot Wheels

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawi Ninja 250R

Exclamation Having some troubleshooting issues...

Hello all! Been snooping the boards and must tip my hat the the extremely knowledgeable personnel here. Now I need some personal guidance...

I went away last fall for a few weeks and when I got back, it was winter. I didn't do any winterizing and now I am obviously paying the price. After pullin it out a couple weeks ago, she wouldn't turn. I charged the battery which fixed that. It would then turn, but wouldn't catch. Swapping the spark plugs solved that problem.

Then, I was able to have her idling with the choke on, but would die if I turned it off. I took out the old gas and filled it up with premium and added some SeaFoam. Then I was able to get it idling with the choke off, although somewhat choppy.

Then I was faced with the problem of the engine dying the moment I opened the throttle. I though that maybe the fuel lines may have been kinked or something so I pulled off the tank and checked the lines to make sure they weren't kinked or depressed by anything. I put the tank back on and now it won't even start.

I know what my next step will likely be but I wanted some more experienced assistance before pullingthe carbs and cleaning them. Does this sound like the problem or could it be something else?

It's a 2010 250 and has 600 miles on it.

I appreciate the feedback!
Cloud Strife is offline   Reply With Quote