View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #9
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
ok well i dont think it would rev like that if the head was messed up or it was seriously down on comp... sounds like it might be some kind of electrical draw keeping it from sparking well... i would do a couple quick fuel tests... turn off the fuel tank, disconnect the carbs from the fuel line then drain each carb and make sure they measure about right, connect it up again and put the tank on prime for a minute, then off and disconnect it again and measure the carbs again... if its getting good fuel to the carbs i would try starting it with spraying some extra flamible stuff in the intake and see if it fires up right away... if it does i would investigate fuel supply more (jets clogged? intake leak?). if it responds similarly i would test all the major electrical components. (check for short on the main line, check main coils, pickup coil and stator resistance, make sure the cdi is receiving a good voltage power when cranking)

have you dumped and examined the oil yet? any time i have engine problems that's usually my first step. you'll know right away if its a small problem or something catastrophic. you can even send a sample to be tested and the different contents of metal will give you good hints on what problems the engine is facing