View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2022, 12:09 PM   #14
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead View Post
I have similar thoughts on using just water on track vehicles. The reasoning Im told that coolant is slippery if it leaks. My thought is, fix the damn leak before track day.

Quite often someone puts something together, leaks a bit and they blame ****** seals.
I take your point, and decent prep is always a good idea. But your particular example isn't great. Even if there are confirmed no leaks before the track day, even a low-speed crash on track can break something that then leaks. It can take a very long time to safely clean up coolant from a track surface, while water can be cleaned up in minutes. People who run coolant on a track and cause issues for other people if/when they crash and the track is unusable for an extended period are just being selfish. Not to mention that at track speeds and temperatures - the coolant isn't actually any better than water + a little water wetter or similar additive at moderating the engine heat, in fact it can be worse.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.