View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2022, 12:05 PM   #7
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

ok all that just to get the valve cover off ! FINALLY....
I did go ahead and remove the radiator and right front frame member and then struggled with the water pipe hose at the back of the head.... i finally just put a screw driver in the pipe and twisted it enough to turn the open end back towards the carburetors and the
valve cover came right off.....
and now the 1 T mark isn't marked..... I turned the crank till I was sure N01 was on compression stroke and nearing the top only to find a faint single line to indicate TDC
I did notice that 2 T mark was there when turning it but 1 T isn't marked clearly
both cam lobes are pointed away from each other so it is on TDC.... I THINK
why it's not marked like it should be is anyone's guess as it's not scratched up or anything so I find that very ODD ! ... I haven't checked the clearance because I couldn't remember the specks so I had to come look....
it's like 1 T was lazer etched and 2 T was stamped like it should be.... WEIRD !!!!!
never seen anything like that before ! totally bazar !
i put my magnifying glasses on and could finally make out a faint line but that is all ....
and it looks like it is in the right place so I'll check it there....
2 T shouldn't be a problem at all, it's easy to see ....
Bob.......