View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2022, 03:26 PM   #30
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL Yah I bet ! that was the biggest street bike that I knew of in the late 1970's that would wheelie at the twist of the throttle ! and that was stock ! I can't imagen what your bike is like.... scary comes to mind ! HAHAHAHA !
although the RD 350 would wheelie by throttle alone as well as the A7 Kawasaki 350 rotary disk valve would as well but you had to time it just right with those 2 the H2 would do it anytime anywhere ! I was working as a gas station in Redding as a 16 year old kid and it was about 11:00 pm at night when a blue H2 came in and filled up
of course being into bikes I had to chat with him... he had put tuned pipes on it and changed the final gearing for cruising on the freeway...( he was on his way to Seattle) and when he left he hooked it up and gave me the thrill of a life time
that thing sounded like a Jet taking off and it was LOUD too.... that was one fantastic machine.... I told him watchout for deer in the canyon as he left and he nodded to me and then took off he was gone faster than I could even think about... I bet he hit over 100 in that stretch before the signal ! .... which was about 3/4 of a mile...
he only had like a small day pack strapped to the back ( I assume his rain gear)
.... but that put the bug in me to do a coast run.... which I did years later !
Going fast on a bike in wooded areas though has lost it's luster after driving through a heard of Deer at 70 mph.... i missed every one and one actually jumped over me....
but after that I have slowed down alot... hitting a deer on a bike would be a real REAL bad day but at speed it would probably be the last thing you ever do ! .... the medics would have to try and distinguish your pieces, from the deer's. UGH ! not my idea of a good time ! HA !
MT-07 isn't that a 1000cc with fuel injection ? those things are mean !
like an over grown Ninja 250R! a crotch rocket no doubt, but with enough HP to do anything !
Bob.......