View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2022, 05:07 PM   #32
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ahh ok ... thanks for that ! sounds like that MT-07 is a going son of a gun at 72hp !
that is alot of hp for 2 wheels ! I can't imagine what the 120hp bikes are like that is insane !
..... that big difference in the weight makes the H2 really spunky in comparison I bet !
plus the quickness of it being 2 cycle makes that 72hp so much more I am sure
it's Kind'a funny though all the HP bikes out there when you really only need 15~20hp to do freeway speeds all the time... but getting up to freeway speeds quickly takes the bigger HP..... my old 1963 honda 305cc only put out about 20hp if I remember correctly... but I could cruise at 70mph all day but it took 3 miles to get up to that speed ! HAHAHAHHA. as a comparison my RX4 is just 450cc but puts out 41 hp and will
be at 80mph in less than a mile easy.... but the Ninja even with it's steeper final gearing
will do that in about a half mile or less and it's only 250cc
but if you look close at the weight of the bikes you see why.... the ninja is much lighter than the RX4 by a long shot... at 450lbs DRY it's a pig ! even the Triumph 750 is about 30 lbs. lighter ! and I think it puts out something like 56 hp...
but if I want a thrilling ride I hop on the Ninja ...it's just alot funner to ride than the rest
small and compact but heavy for it's size it can and will get up and go !
Bob..