View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2011, 11:01 AM   #18
Bushmaster11B
Bushmaster11B

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R "Limited Edition" w/ Metallic, Pearl Essent, Candy Coat 3 Tone Paint Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPHYN View Post
Sorry to say but it sounds like your will be tearing down your carbs again. In your OP you said you cleaned all your jets. Did you also clean the passages in the carb body? This is usually overlooked. There are small air bleed passages that also clog easily. Totally disassemble your carbs and use spray cleaner and compressed air to blow out all the passages where the jets and needles go. Make sure you remove the slide diaphrams before blowing through any passages to prevent damaging them. When you blow through passages,blow both ways until air flows freely. Then reassemble and with luck it will run and you can sync your carbs and your on the road. Carbs can be drag. Hope this helps, good luck.
Sorry, not familiar with all the technical part names.... Can you explain to me what and where on the carbs the "slide diaphrams". I also have no idea what syncing carbs is. Not trying to sound stupid, I'm just a hands on learner and after I learn something I do it without remembering all the technical names and instructions. LOL.