View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2019, 06:51 PM   #3
GM1216
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki Gsxr 7/1216, kawasaki z1000, Triumph Speed Triple, 250 ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Hi, welcome to Ninjette!

A lot of people (me included) have removed airbox or acquired bike without airbox. Pretty much all of them re-install airbox. Bike runs like crap with pod filters and no amount of jetting changes fixes issue.

Some problems are external to carb, such as stumbling in cross-winds. No amount of tuning can anticipate or alleviate that. I suppose you can install pitot tube head of fairings and connect that to float-bowls and have it adjust fuel based upon wind-direction.
Thanks for the response. interesting that external variables would play such a big part, I've always ran pods on my old oil cooled suzuki's but also have always paid to have them set up on a dyno. guess with that much power and fuel i never notice any issues with external forces before

I don't want to start spending big bucks like my other bikes but i am thinking maybe i can get one of my english homies to send me a set of EFI throttle bodies, harness and ECU if the price is right and correct any issues with a dyno jet and auto tune.

I tricked my Z1000 into running ZX10 Tb's with a 636 dynojet so i guess it's viable

I'll have to decide how extreme I wanna go with this build. it started as a bit of nostalgia because i haven't had a bike this tiny for 25 years. lookslike a bmx with a motor
GM1216 is offline   Reply With Quote