Thread: New again
View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2016, 05:07 PM   #18
omnivore
ninjette.org member

Name: Scotty

Motorcycle(s): CBR Fireblade, KTM 950SM, YZF750 (x2), R6, ZZR250, XR200, KTM 50SX Sr.Pro, Honda Spree

So the day before every race round, we host a trackday/practise day. -wifey had me bring her new Ninja 300 along with our other 3 bikes to our last round with the intentions of doing the trackday in the slow group, since she had never really ridden a bike outside of a parking lot except once or twice on city streets.....and has certainly never ridden on a track.
Well when she got there, the admin of our series convinced her to take the race school instead....so she did, and passed. I couldn't beleieve how far she came in one day- from wobbling around in the first session , to holding smooth, predictable and accurate lines and looking where she wants to go by the end of the day-literally almost zero chicken strips left on her brand new Alpha 13s!
Then she had some celabratory wine with my buddy's wife, who has done a few trackdays and a race school herself, and between them with some liquid courage decided that they were gonnna do the 3 hr endurance race the next day on theother lady's Ninja 250- and sure as **** they did! I think they came second last in the lightweight class, but they did it!

And my nephew who is racing my wife's old 2002 ZZR 250 has won the first lightweight endurance and came 2nd in the last one by a mere 2 laps.
The ZZR is actually pretty quick, fully piped with a Factory Pro jetkit and almost 40 lbs sawzalled off of it......did I mention he weighs 110 lbs? LOL
KTM 950 SM,YZF 750 Street, CBR929 EnduranceBike,YZF 750 vintage racer, R6 racebike , SOAR #22
omnivore is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.