View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2017, 05:31 PM   #115
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
The interview was awful. Some highlights

1. They asked my age (not that I care, but its considered incredibly rude)
2. Two people were interviewing me and others were constantly coming in and interrupting and asking about other stuff and they would end up chatting and I sat there awkwardly
3. They told me their parts department is worthless
4. They were unable to tell me either their sales goals or their previous sales numbers
5. Their service department was dimly lit, not heated, there was trash all over the floor and not a single square inch of clear space on their counters or tool boxes
6. They stood around chatting with other employees about how to lower a cobra bike for some guy's son for a full fifteen minutes while trying to start some other random dirtbikes just for fun because there was nothing to do (and I was just standing there kind of ignored at this point)
7. They offered me the job, sales job, for $10 an hour plus 15% of commission and said that I'd make 70k but were not able to provide me with anyone's actual salary or any actual numbers of actual units sold
8. They openly joked about firing other employees and about the employee they just fired last week
9. They talked about other employees and said they were annoying and not likable but they sold well so they get to stay
10. Their show room was unacceptable, bikes were just stacked on other bikes and there wasnt a single motorcycle that was in full view, all just lined up within 3 inches of other bikes, it didn't even look like a dealership but more like a dingy warehouse
11. They were trying to sell used Japanese dirtbikes for upwards of $4500
12. They told me they're mad at Beta and want to drop Beta (maybe why their TWO Beta bikes were stuffed in a back corner) because of some weird story about how the manager bought a beta for himself and didn't tie it down properly and it fell off the trailer on the highway and got dragged; and then it had issues (duh) and wouldn't start, and their service department cannot figure out why, and Beta is refusing to consider that warranty work and does not want to give them a new wiring harness for free

So I ran away really really really REALLY fast.

Also I wore jeans which was a good call because I felt overdressed even in that.
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote