View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2016, 12:01 PM   #30
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
no new pictures, ill snag some soon, bike is pretty much completely apart less the bottom end is still in the frame

Glad I got this bike on the cheap because it needed everything and even then after cost of purchase and $ into parts I'm going to be pretty deep into this bike but it will be worth it.

So basically every bearing outside of the engine needed replaced, I have worked through the wheels, the linkage, steering stem and have the swing arm bearings left to finish.

Finally got around to taking the clutch cover off and the basket is shot, grooved beyond use, needs replaced, same goes for hub and pressure plate.... I guess In short the entire clutch needs replaced which sucks, I was hoping to get a season out of the engine before throwing any serious cash at it.

Was able to shave the plastic on the fuel tank and air box to get it looking better and cleaner which is sweet.

got the front forks completely rebuilt and revalved, got lucky and saved some cash as the springs in the forks were perfect for my weight and riding and they were in great shape.

The reeds are chipping and need replaced, I might just spring for an after market setup at this point, probably vforce

Before I discovered the state of the clutch I figured I would have the bike back together running by the end of the month, not so sure now. need to sell some crap I have laying around to make some coin to cover some of the costs of a new clutch.

There are some other odds and ends that need attention but things I can let go for the season, this was supposed to be a budget bike, things add up quick

Well at least the bike will be in good shape when all is said and done, I won't have too much work to do next year on it

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote