View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2009, 09:58 PM   #1
miks
I'm lovin' it.

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

Talking I'm almost there, my dream has nearly come true!!

Hey guys,

First of all, I would like to thank Alex for creating such a great site and Kkim for inviting me here months ago. I would also like to thank everyone who has contributed to this wonderful website, albeit small or large it has helped me tremendously in my search for answers! I would also like to thank my mum for her sometimes unwilling support (lol), and for her financing, love you mum

Now, people who do know me, I am a recently turned 18 year old kid from Australia. I joined this site in seek for answers about the awesome (and soon to be future) bike. I have been reading up heaps, and I mean heaps about anything and everything relating to the Ninjette, riding, farkles, mods, gear and even random stuff.

After a long wait for my Year 12 (final years of highschool going into Uni) exams to be over, I went ahead and booked for my Motorcycle Learner's Permit. It was a full day course where they teach people with little or nil experience on a bike. I arrived there nervous as hell, this was my first time sitting on a bike. After an educational video and some talking, we went and sat on the bikes, learned how to start it, stop it, get into 1st, get into neutral, and a whole heap of other stuff which I can't really be bothered explaining

At the end of the day, we had to do a test which consisted of successfully starting the bike, taking off, making a left turn (with indicators on) and breaking with the front wheel in a box. Then we had to travel in a 10 metre box in a straight line for a minimum of 10 seconds (testing our bike control). Then we had to do 2 right turns and do an emergency stop within a certain amount of space. I passed with flying colours, the testers were very happy with me cause I was the only person in the group who had never touched a bike and not even driven a manual car.

I now could legally ride a bike ... but there was no way in hell I was riding without PROPER gear!

Thats where today came in, my mother and I went to a local bike shop -- which was a kind of outlet shop which had very low low prices . The salesperson there helped me out heaps in picking out a whole outfit. I ... well my mother did have a budget of around $1,000. I mananged to spend exactly that!

I got myself a (unsure about models);
-HJC helmet with mirrored visor
-Teknic Mesh jacket
-Sartso Riding jeans (kevlar in ass and knees)
-Leather vented gloves
-Rjays full length boots
I was planning on getting knee pads, but the ones there were abit bulky so I'm going to try elsewhere.

Well thats pretty much it, my dream of owning a bike and riding is almost there. This Thursday I'm going to check out a bike, black Kawasaki 250R, 24xxkm on the clock, for $6,000. Have been reading alot on evaluating 2nd hand bikes and what to check for, so hopefully it all goes well.

Well, I would like to thank everyone, for everything, the helpful threads/post and for taking the time to read this gigantic slab of writing I put out (sorry couldn't help it, I'M DAM EXCITED AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!

So soon to be a Ninjette owner, can't bloody wait. Hope you all the best, and safe riding!

Mike.

Father: You can't do both son.
miks is offline   Reply With Quote