View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2019, 10:38 AM   #8
LR44
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja 250R

I've never done a sidecar addition so I can't really speak to that; however, it may be that your forks are misaligned. I did this and it worked wonders for me:

1. Take the front fender and wheel off and loosen your fork clamps so that the bottom ones are slightly loose and the top ones are clamped enough that the stanchion can slide through it with a little force but will stay in position after letting it go.
2. Adjust the fork height with calipers to factory specs. Once both sides are good, tighten the clamps and remeasure. If the forks didn't shift on you, tighten the top clamps to factory specs. Put the front fender back on but don't tighten down the bolts that secure it to the lower forks just yet.
3. Get in front of the bike and grab hold of the lower forks. Lightly pull on them 10 to 20 times. Be careful not to pull too hard that you cause the bike to tip over. This should get rid of any misalignment between the forks. Tighten the lower clamp bolts and then tighten the front fender bolts. Put the front wheel back on with the front end still in the air and tighten it down (remember to put the pin back in!). Go for a ride and see how it feels then.
LR44 is offline   Reply With Quote