View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2023, 12:30 PM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Email blacklist (dammit all to hell!)

Much of the automated mail ninjette.org sends out just started getting blocked as of yesterday. This is due to the particular network block of the provider we use being identified as allowing too much spam. It has nothing to do with ninjette.org, and even has nothing to do with our particular server / IP space, which is shared with a number of other resources. We show clean on every other site - except for one called uceprotect.net, evidently in Switzerland, that is a bit more heavy-handed about flagging entire providers. The fix for it is that they charge 25 CHF (approximately $28) per month to whitelist the IP so mail can still get through. I'm not paying $360 a year to these idiots, and I don't have the time or energy right now to migrate to another provider. I'm hoping this may resolve itself, but I'm not able to guess the likelihood.

In the meantime, this means many/most users can't sign up for the site, can't get notifications for any threads or PMs, or anything other functionality that relies on an email being sent out, if they are using a mail provider that subscribes to these blocklists (and almost all major ones do).

blocklist.jpg

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote