View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2010, 06:29 PM   #6
altomista
Evil Mad Scientist

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2006 EX250F6FL, 1986 ZX600A2, 1975 Honda CB550

UPDATE:

I heard back from my friend about the bike. Neither I or him have done anything to the bike since it died out on him the other day. He managed to push it back home that day and stuck it in his indoor garage.

Anyways, it's an indoor garage with no sunlight. The temperature inside was 65 degrees F sometime during the day. He was able to start it with a slight bit of throttle with no choke. He ran it for two minutes and it idled like it normally would.

He started it up later that same night with a little choke. He was able ride it around (don't know for how long) and it worked fine. After his ride, he said he was able to restart it without any use of the choke.

About the painting, he said he laid a light amount of paint on and around the gas lid. However, the problem of it cutting out/stalling/dying/whatever is actually going on was already present before the painting.

From the sounds of it, a vapor locking issue is the cause, no? I'm waiting to hear back from him again about it. He hasn't gone on a long ride. I've already instructed him that should the bike stall out again to open the gas cap and listen for the sound of rushing air. That's about all I can do without the bike in my garage.

Avatar created by J.J. McCullough and taken from Wikipedia's Mad Scientist entry.
altomista is offline   Reply With Quote