View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:03 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 247Blackout View Post
Omg accessory line where?! How does it work?
I felt the same way when I saw that line for the first time. Most larger bikes don't come with that feature, but back when the 1st gen ninjette's electrical system was designed, I guess it was more of a common feature.

Anyway, look down past the bars and behind the fairing toward the front wheel, and you'll see the main wiring harness. If you look at it closely, you'll likely see two bare leads that don't seem to be connected to anything. That's the accessory line. One is positive, one is negative, and you just need to find a way to hook it to whatever you want to power with it. The GPS power cables for bikes typically come with just 2 bare wire ends, so it's a piece of cake. You can go to a hardware store to find the same matching spade connecters, hook the spade connectors together in some way. Or, you can just strip the accessory lines, twist the wires from it to your power cables and use one of those electrical cap things to twist them and keep them together.

There's another accessory line if you pull off the right side fairing (underneath the seat on the side, not the front fairing), it's just sitting right underneath it.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote