View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2021, 03:49 PM   #1
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Crotch Rocket design ?

Howdy all !
with the acquisition of the 2012 250R it is the first experience I have had with a full blown crotch rocket, although I did have a Honda Interceptor 500cc
when I lived in Reno,Nv. but I think of this one as a true Crotch rocket !
it handles like one and acts like one so I guess it is one ! even if it's only a 250cc !
.... My statement here might be misconstrued so I will try to pick my words carefully and try not to offend anyone .... but from my experience so far I would not give this Ninja 10 out of 10.... the main problem I find is body position... in the bent forward position on the bike that your forced to ride in
you do NOT have as much control as a back straight body straight type position that I am used to.... and that does effect your balance....just about every where.... from maneuvering it in the back yard, a store parking lot or
carving corners on a twisting road.... the lean forward design SUCKS !
I already know I can carve corners much better on the TT250...just because of the body position on it. although I have not completely figured out the what and why of the balance problem for me, is.... the leaning forward
seems to be the major part of the problem.
I know alot of you guys take the Ninja to the track, and have other bikes as well, My question to you is, in your opinion is the forward lean design actually as safe as the normal riding position on just about any other bike ?
....I'm not saying the Ninja design is unsafe, it takes alot of getting used to...
but I'm fairly certain I can put the machine where I want to now...
my riding duration time has been slowly increasing and I did expect my rides to be short lived due to my aching ass ! and that has been proven !
but what gets me is in slow turns like at a stop sign and turning left getting going is no where as stable as on another bike ... and I find that WEIRD !
and I really haven't figured out why it's like that !.... Yet....
any suggestions ?
Bob.........