View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2021, 11:54 AM   #5
vani11a
ninjette.org member

Name: Zachary

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
1. Measure crank-sensor/pick-up coil's impedance to verify sensor is OK.
2. Check pick-up coil spacing to flywheel triggers
3. Inspect crank-sensor waveform.
4. Measure MAP-sensor output key ON, bike not running. What is this voltage?
5. Measure MAP-sensor output voltage when cranking. What is this voltage?

ECU blindly injects fuel & fires spark when cranking to start. Then it looks for proper sensor signals from crank-sensor, MAP-sensor, TPS, etc. . If ANY these is not within spec (mis-adjusted), it turns off engine. Fastest, easiest and simplest way to troubleshoot and fix this is to look at output waveform of crank-sensor with oscilloscope and measure MAP/TPS with voltmeter. This is literally 5-minute fix with oscilloscope & voltmeter!
I did measure resistance on the stick coils and they're within spec...but that's about it pertaining to your very intricate list. Lol. Seems like I'm going to need to purchase an oscilloscope in the foreseeable future. I have checked the actual voltage of the grey anti-theft wire, while killswitch is on and also while trying to start. To my understanding while attempting to start it needs to be approx. 10v. Mine will start out at around 12.8v then when I press the starter, it dips down to 10.2v or so but immediately jumps back up in the 12.6v+ range. I really just need to find a stock ignition. They just seem to difficult to find...and if people hotwire these things then why can't I seem to get the resistor thing right?
vani11a is offline   Reply With Quote