View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2021, 06:22 AM   #9
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I Mostly ware textiles simply because their 1/4 the cost of leather, in years gone by I wore a black leather bomber jacket because it is what I had and the only thing that stopped the wind.... now days the textiles do just as good
I put on my HWK jacket today just to double check it... and it seamed a bit large for me with just a t-shirt under it, but that's about right for winter riding
Hi Vis is even hard to get in Textiles now days their back ordered at HWK , I asked.... so I bought a off white / grey one... they did have the High viz in the Kids size so I got him one. he's quite happy with it !
Pants are a joke ! you cannot find anything but black and then not for winter
i did finally get a pair but I'm not real impressed, their over pants , have armor and are supposed to be waterproof..... we'll see. ( I can't see how they can possibly keep my legs warm without 3 pare of long-johns under them....)
I got summer riding and winter riding gear already and my Ordered bike hasn't arrived yet ! LOL I spent over $250 for the helmet, gloves ( don't have winter gloves yet) 3 jackets and 2 pants and O'neal boots. so I have the protective gear, we'll see if I am smart enough to ware it when I need it ! LOL...
Putting around on the Ninja 250R I've had on the helmet gloves and summer jacket is all and my normal boots... winter is another story you need that wind protection or you WILL FREEZE ! been there and done that for too many years ! but summer time the mesh jacket and mesh pants are great.... I highly recommend them ... just over $100 for the mesh jacket and pants in the off white, they look good and have armor too.
Bob........

Last futzed with by Bob KellyIII; September 4th, 2021 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Additional information
Bob KellyIII is offline   Reply With Quote