View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2021, 02:55 AM   #10
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

back in the late 1970's My uncle and I made a coast run in california.. we went down to bakers field and cut straight over to the coast and rode highway 1 (101) all the way to point arena and turned right on some logging road and made our way back to Redding and Home it was a trip I will remember all my life... the BMW broad sliding around the corner and nearly taking us both out, the flat tire on Jenny in the middle of no where and no spare tube. the grape fight my uncle and I had on the bikes tossing grapes up and letting the wind bomb the guy behind LOL... after the first painful day our butts got use to it then it was fun.... but that first day was miserable ! it was over 100deg in the valley but freezing on the coast ! with alot of fog the plan was to camp but My uncle (bless his heart) footed the bill for 2 motel stops.. as the fog was so dense... ( the flat tire caused the 2nd motel stop)
I hear riding from Eureka up to Coos bay Org. is the best in scenery and coast line.... with many places to stop and rest at the beach.
that's on my to do list ! ....
Bob......