View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2021, 08:16 AM   #9
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I've had my 2012 250R for a few weeks now, you mentioned the power being
a bit low..... AS COMPAIRED TO WHAT ? LOL 32hp in my youth would have been Killer !!!! the problem with the 250R is the silly gearing it's not the HP
I rode my bike about 3 times before I ordered the tallest final drive sprockets I thought I could get away with,...a 16 tooth front sprocket and a 43 tooth rear sprocket.... for me that changed everything, it's no longer the shift,shift shift and shift monster it was, and each time your tacking close to the red line !
and your only doing 40mph ! ...it's horrible that way ! with the taller gearing on the bike it made it ridable for me from launch to 2nd I'm probably doing 20mph now, that's 3 gears later with the stock gearing !!!! i can do that 40mph that with 3 gears not 5 like it was ....
believe me the taller gearing for street riding is the way to go !
and I was worried that it would be much slower on the acceleration , but it's not.it still goes like a bat out's Hell !
I'm 68 years old, and to me this 250R has the performance of a 500cc bike
of 30 years ago.... but you have to use the RPM to see it.
I can travel on the freeway at 75mph if I want to.... and keep it there because I am NOT anywhere near red-line !!!!!
..... it's not just a good bike, it is a great bike ! it's hard as hell to work on
but it is one sweet machine ! give the 250 a chance it will continue to surprise you, as mine has me !
Bob.......

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.