View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2016, 08:38 PM   #33
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliusmichaelhonrada View Post
I have a new problem after that redline test my water pump cover has some drippings of green coolant below and its still leaking until now drop by drop i took everything apart yesterday and did high temp silicon gaskets around the housing cover but still the leak persist

I got this pic from the internet and we have the same spot where the leak is happening , they said it was the weep hole in the water pump and theres no fix for it but to replace the whole pump assembly
The point of the weep hole is to let coolant drip out if the seal goes bad. It shows you externally that there's a problem with an internal part. I've seen some misguided people seal the weep hole up with RTV or similar "to stop the leak", but it's obviously not a fix for the actual problem (the bad seal). The seal on the 500's water pump can be replaced, but I believe others have said that on the 250 you just need to get a new one.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.