View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2020, 07:36 AM   #125
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
obviously we can't test everyone, it doesn't make sense on many levels, but just pointing out that is the only way to rid a population of a viral/parasitic disease is rigorous testing of the entire population. It is obviously not feasible, therefore the infection will continue to seep through the cracks. Point being how long is this quarantine type stuff going to last? And if we all do great and go back to normal, the virus is still going to be around, then lots of people get infected again in a short period.

The trick is to control the transmission as much as possible which is the idea right now, we kinda actually need/want a certain amount of people to get infected but at a manageable rate for reasons mentioned above.

Honestly i wonder if best scenario would have been to be one of the first people infected. Get it early before hospitals are stressed, all eyes on you making sure you are good, develop immunity then nothing else to worry about for the next few months other than the economy.

Maybe Tom Hanks made a few calls to make this happen.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote