View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #2155
menikmati
crash 250, get supersport

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

Did my first commute with my new Area-P full system and jetting. Didn't do anything out of the ordinary, just rode like I normally would. The thing was that I couldn't tell if the bike was running better or worse after the jetting since I normally just shift at 7k until I reach 6th gear when commuting and not doing WOT pulls. Throttle response was definitely crisper when blipping and downshifting.

I also found out when starting the bike up to go home that I must have disconnected the choke cable by accident. Good thing my bike will start fine without the choke.

Going to do a plug check this weekend and fix my choke cable. If my commute is roughly 75% highway with the throttle mostly at 1/4 - 1/2, can a plug check determine if my needle height needs to be adjusted? Or is it just basically "YO DAWG YOUR WHOLE JETTING NEEDS TO BE CHANGED."

My current jetting is with 112 mains and needles at the 3rd groove and I don't know what I set my idle screws at.
menikmati is offline   Reply With Quote