View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2017, 08:37 PM   #1
AchyGrappler
Motorbike Obsessed

Name: Me

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Kawasaki EX250, 2004 Yamaha FZ1, 2006 Honda CRF 450 Flat Track Race Bike

Track days and when to change groups.

Coming off another great track day this weekend at Chuckwalla, my mind is full of thoughts and ideas.

The ideas are whether to keep spending time and money to continue developing my pregen track bike or to get something different like a middleweight twin or a super sport.

My main question and the one I’m posting to the ninjette board is, when do you know when to change session groups? Mainly to move up.

This weekend was the 5th time I’ve taken the Ninja to a big track. I’ve also taken it to the kart track a few times when I was first getting it prepped. It was my third time to Chuckwalla and the first time doing the same track in the same direction. All of my track days have been in C group.

I still get lapped like I’m standing still by most of the grid. I’d get get a few passes in of my own. I can’t tell if people choose C group because B group is sold out or they are just slow like me. I record lap times and have seen my times drop 40 seconds over the lap three track days.

When you faster, more experienced riders changed groups, when did you know it was time to do so?