Old December 18th, 2017, 03:10 PM   #22
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
We heart ya, @Misti.

It's threads like this one that keep me coming back years after selling my Ninjette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
We heart ya, @Misti.

It's threads like this one that keep me coming back years after selling my Ninjette.
Awwwww, awesome. Good to hear!

I haven't done many track days that weren't part of a race weekend or CSS but I did get to do an awesome track day in Germany at Sachsenring. The organization ran it crisp and clean and during lunch break they re-arranged all the groups according to lap times. So, for example there was one guy in our group that started himself in the B group (he may have been bragging)- I started in B group as well and at lunch time he got moved DOWN to C group (hahaha it was awesome) and I got moved up to A group. What was so awesome about this was that obviously the lap times were a better indication of ability and performance than certain people's egos and perception of their own abilities. A group was awesome because I was with riders my same speed and level- all the groups seemed to work really well together based on simple lap times.

I don't know how other organizations do this but it seemed to work in Germany

Sometimes taking ego out of the equation is the best way of doing it, lol.
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote