View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2018, 09:31 PM   #27
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph42 View Post
I know a couple of orgs in the states made rules in the right direction - If you get passed in a corner by a slower bike, you are not allowed to re-pass on the following straight. I like that rule and wish more orgs would use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
When we coach I or A at Mid-O, we tell our riders this; "If you get passed mid-corner by a slower bike, don't be in a hurry to pass them back in the straight. Hang out behind them for a lap or two and try to learn why you got passed."
Never heard that suggestion before but I love it! So frustrating when you pass someone into or out of a corner only to have them fly by you on the straight and then park it again.

Ego, though. I don't see a lot of riders self-regulating themselves in that situation. Wish I could be at every track day, all the time with a crew of coaches helping everyone!!

Best advice we can all keep preaching is to get some good quality instruction, work on the skills and try and get better! there is nothing more exhilarating than hopping on a little bike and railing by everyone, hehehehehe.
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.