View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2021, 01:28 PM   #155
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick9611 View Post
when i get off from work. i will check batt voltage. it must be getting gas because plug was wet with fuel.
i still have my stick coils. maybe i should try swapping those in. im at the point, why not?
here is cyn#2 plug
To use stick-coils, you need to test those as well by measuring voltage and sticking plugs into them and looking for spark. You've already done that test and spark is OK. Plus you will be introducing even more changes into system that can cause errors such as modifying harness to use stick-coils. We already spent tonnes of time troubleshooting your previous non-stock harness. Let's keep this one pristine and un-modified.

Try swapping plugs first, that way you don't have to collect way more additional data. If cold-cylinder moves to #1, you know plug's at fault. More concrete data than you have now.

Remember that measurements are 100% proof, takes precedence over anything else. That's how Greeks were able to prove a round Earth and Galileo a solar-system rotating around sun with collected data. Swapping perfectly-working parts with brand-new perfectly-working parts changes nothing and symptoms persist. It was measurements that found your faulty-harness last time after tonnes of time wasted swapping parts.

Looks like you've got fueling issue with #2 getting way, way too much petrol. Could be non-sealing float-valve increasing height. Drain both float-bowls into different containers and compare their volumes.

BTW - you're sure that carbs are fully OEM bone-stock? All factory jet sizes and needles? Both slide diaphragms good and they do same >pffft< and speed when manually raised and let go?
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote