View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2011, 09:48 AM   #89
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

It erks me to no end when people act like that. It's probably why my circle of motorcycle friends is small. It consists only of those who are true motorcyclists and not hung up on size or type of bike.

I had a kid come up to me talking about how he was the fastest rider in the whole town on his "souped up" R1. I asked if he had ever been to the track and of course he said no. He of course talked **** about my little 250 and just didn't get it until I told him I had been riding for almost as long as he's been alive and would smoke his ass in the canyon. (we have a scenic drive that is so tight and windy the speed limit is 15...perfect for a 250 to kick an r1's ass, lol). He got cocky of course....

I just tell them how it is. I ride a 250 because a) for me it economical and b) it's one heck of a fun bike.
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote