View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2016, 12:25 PM   #15
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Have you ever thought about this mod, how about getting a spare set of wheels with rains mounted up? So the rain days are just as much as a benefit as the dry days. How about wheels with stickier tires so you can push some of your buttons and the bike soak up any errors that might be made.
I have 2 sets of wheels right now -- both OEM and one with Sport Demons and one with Diablo IIs (street and track). I was eyeing some of the lighter aftermarket sets and if I get those then going to a street/wet track/dry track (probably with Pirelli Corsas) makes perfect sense.

Quote:
Levers optimized for your usage?
Maybe put the stock seat back on and shave it to what works better for you at the track.
You happy with your grips?
Can you feel the swingarm moving around? Do you even want to feel that? Perhaps take off the heel rest on your rear set so you can put your heel directly on the swingarm to feel it.
I like the levers but they might need to be played with. Grips are something I've considered but the conflict between heated grips vs track grips has me paralyzed a bit. Never considered 'feeling' the swingarm.
Quote:
Maybe you want more feel for steering? Tapered bearings are NOT the be all and end all, but they ARE an improvement.
I KNEW I forgot some things. Tapered bearings already done.
Quote:
Since you have put $$$ into tuning of the power bits, how about the suspension bits? You have aftermarket shocks/springs but have you had them tuned to what works best for YOU?
GPSuspension/KFG Racing will be providing track day support on some days, I'm intending to go see them if I can get a ticket to 2Fast (the other trackday org up here, GPS goes to them more reliably)
Quote:
How about your gear? Maybe there is something there that you could optimize to make your experience better?
Yep, always tuning there. I posted my current setup over in the insurance thread.
Quote:
And quite honestly, going to and from the track is something left out much of the time. I didn't really understand it fully, until I got a new sled that was quiet and comfy that had plenty of pulling power. Or.... maybe a new trailer is in your future since you're becoming more of a "track day rider". Don't arrive tired like I did for so long... even seat covers with more padding go a long way, and in more ways than one.
I've got a kendon trailer I'm super happy with. I'd like to get a new loading ramp for it though (later today I'm going to get a quote!). Getting something designed to tow is also on the list, my little Honda Fit is getting pretty loaded down.