View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2019, 06:42 AM   #1
zhowfast
New"ish" Member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Ninja 250

First of my two issues

Hey y'all. Hopefully someone has had this same problem and can lend a hand... My clutch lever will not disengage (separate the transmission from the engine) I have tried both extremes (and everything in between) of both adjustment screws, the cable is brand new (not broken in the middle), and still for someone reason I can drop the bike in first gear (not running) and pull the clutch lever and the back wheel will still not spin freely. Am I missing something? The bike only has about 10,000 miles on it. The guy I got it from meticulously maintained it (as in he bought it new and now I inherited a fat stack of maintenance records) and I am sure it wasn't something he did to sabotage me when I bought it... The even weirder thing is I put about 200 miles on it before I had this issue. It got too cold to ride and the bike sat for about a month until another nice day came along, I juiced up the battery and then when I pulled the clutch in this happened... Are these bikes sensitive to the cold? Am I just not seeing something obvious? Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
zhowfast is offline   Reply With Quote