View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2020, 08:01 AM   #6
SibSerge
ninjette.org member

Name: Sergey

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ZZR250 (EX250H)

Thank you Danno,

To add to what have been already said. I analyzed the clutch adjustment and the only adjustment that is available is the slack which just ensures the clutch does not slip when engaged. If that is not done correctly and not maintained the clutch will start slipping burning oil and damaging the clutch friction plates.

The OP should just follow the procedure in the manual on how to adjust the slack and not to worry about anything else unless the bike does not disengage fully when the clutch lever is pulled in (bike still starts pulling with the rider mounting the bike in first gear). IF it does not it most likely mean that either the pull pin grove is worn out or the mating "hook" (for the lack of terminology) is worn and needs replacement.

There is no adjustment available to change the location of the engagement point or the width of the engagement (slippage) area. That can be changed only by modifying the profile of the lever that pulls the clutch engagement pin. I.e. by welding some more material on it and machining a different profile.

BTW for me , coming off Ural motocycles that I rode in my teen years the engagement on these bikes feels pretty smooth Urals being replicas of BMWs and having a dry clutch and crude implementation on top of that had much harder bang when the first gear was engaged.

For the record I used Motul 5300 (semi-syn) in mine.
SibSerge is offline   Reply With Quote