View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2020, 03:35 PM   #9
zhowfast
New"ish" Member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Ninja 250

Ok guys. I am about to get real specific... So I got out to the garage today and fired the bike up. I adjusted the clutch lever to the same general place it was when I bought it. I still had the same issue or the back wheel not spinning freely when the clutch is pulled in so I just let it sit there idling. It came up to temperature and my first thought was to just drop the S.O.B in to gear and see hat would happen. Glad I didn't. I shut it back off and (despite the bike warmed up and giving the oil some time to flow around some potentially stuck together clutch plates) I still had the same issue... So one last time I fired it back up and noticed the back wheel spinning fast as the bike idled high. I thought that was a good sign and I decided to make sure it was the engine spinning the wheel and not just the semi-high idle RPMs. I pressed the back brake and the bike almost died. I repeated the the same thing again with the same results. So the (obviously) the clutch and the engine are working together somehow... What does this tell me? I am nearly 100% sure adjusting the cable won't do anything to help the issue. I took some pictures (hopefully attached correctly to this post) I noticed a space (that seemed abnormal to me) between piece that the clutch cable attaches to (at the end by the clutch basket cover/right side engine case). Is that space normal? If I take the cable loose and spin that piece 90 degrees towards the back of the bike it becomes flush with the case. I am not at all sure if that is a potential issue... I may be way WAY over-analyzing this... but I really appreciate the help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ninjaflush.jpg (85.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg ninjaraised.jpg (91.2 KB, 7 views)