View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2022, 06:56 PM   #1
Pipskweak
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Hello from Cali!

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased my first bike a few months ago and am in the process of fixing it up to ride. It's a 2010 Ninja 250 that I got for a steal ($500!) and really just needs the normal tune-up/maintenance you would do on any used bike you might get. I, however, am completely new to bikes and riding and pretty much anything mechanical... so I'm learning as I go.

Any advice on things I should be looking for/checking beyond the obvious basics would be appreciated! My husband rides a 2007 Honda CBR 600RR and helps where he can, but he's pretty clueless when it comes to a bike with carbs lol I have already replaced the ignition since it could only be started with a screwdriver when I got it. I also drained and removed the fuel tank because there was something rattling inside of it, figured out the old gas cap lock had broken on the bottom and the spring and inner pieces were rolling around in there. Took out the carbs and took apart/cleaned them and found it was missing one of the jet needle collars so replaced that.. and just did basic maintenance of oil change, cleaned the chain, replaced brakes etc.

I look forward to chatting with you all and hopefully getting some great advice along the way! Here's some pictures of when I first got the bike and how it is now that I've stripped it all down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B44F1866-C7D4-4E61-8DD8-D41154C0D6C2.jpg (238.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5822.jpg (149.4 KB, 6 views)
Pipskweak is offline   Reply With Quote