View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2022, 10:44 PM   #284
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
I ran into a little snag with the Triumph 750 today...well yesterday and today...
I got the tank Full 3.1 gallons or Regular and she seems to like it I haven't had to clean the idle jets sense ! and I am surprised !
... but the problem is the rear wheel... it don't want to turn !
I put it on it's center stand and I still couldn't turn it so I fired it up and dug a trench so the wheel could turn.... and it does turn by hand but very hard....
not like it should by any means.... it should spin freely.... it don't !!!
I think it's the brake on the rear that is rubbing on the disk rotor.... like maybe the brake shoes have swollen up or something or perhaps the rotor is warped but if that was the case it would have an easy place in turning it and then a hard spot.... this thing is hard all the way around ....
I had the axle nut real tight with a 12" crescent wrench so I loosened it and I could see the swing arm spread a little and the wheel turned easier and then I heard the brake pads chatter.....
I just put in a new rear master cylinder and flushed the rear caliper but I did not take it all apart.... it acts like it is not releasing.... the rear brake works good by the way now..... it didn't at all when I got it....
I started messing with it today to fix the stoplight in the rear because it quit working.... I had already bought a switch for it... just haven't put it on.... well today was the day and now I have a stop light again !
so it looks like I will be going into the rear caliper because the rear caliper is not releasing the pressure on the disk pads.... not what I wanted to see but
it looks like that's the case !
Bob.......
Did you replace the all brake hoses it could be it collapse on the inside so there for hoses is holding residual pressure just crack the bleeder screw and then see if the wheel will turn if it does then you know it's a brake hose.

Last futzed with by shspvr; May 16th, 2022 at 04:55 AM.
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote