View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2022, 04:16 PM   #292
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

that did the trick ! I put the brake caliper on the rear foot peg and blead it there..... got a little air out of it imediately... I put a 3/4" end wrench between the brake pads to keep them out at the distance of the disk....
anyway that worked great..... the brakes work now but not the best in the world.... I think they need to be broke in some as they are new pads....
it won't lock up the rear wheel at the present time which I do not like but I think that will get better with a few runs.
after putting fresh gas in the bike I have not had to clean the pilot jets sense....
and I am having trouble understanding that.... that gas had sta-bul in it
but it did NOT like the Tiny pilot jets !
.... Kind'a weird..... I wonder if that would effect the Ninja in the same way ?
I've not had any trouble with the ninja starting and running .... it's a tad slow on acceleration but I figure that is because it's cold....that bike likes to be at operating temperature !
anyway I took the Triumph up the street turned around and came back and tested the brake in the rear several times and it definitely works
doesn't lock it up yet though.... I think I need to hold the brake on firmly for about 500 feet or so to burn it in ! LOL.... that usually does the trick on disk brakes !
.... I got no energy at all today darn it, or I would take the Triumph for a good long ride. Phitttt. I woke up tired ! which is usually the case but today is worse.... I've had this thing called Chronic fatigue Syndrome all my life and the Doc told me nothing we can do , ya gott'a live with it ! but some times it is really a P.I.T.A. !!!!
Bob...
and thanks Danno that advice really helped !

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.