View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2022, 03:08 AM   #4
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Nah ! not this time ...I put in an electronic ignition system and I haven't had a bit of problem with spark sense ! .... that reminds me to check the timing with a timing light... as I know it is right on with static timing... but a timing light is better ! ... the fuze.... that was most likely me... it IS INDEED the only fuze on the property that will fit it ! (gott'a buy some 30 amp'ers !)

have you ever ran into that sort of fuel problem before ? it's a new one on me !
sure I've seen where year old gas won't run an engine... but never seen fuel that was chunky before !
I remember taking about a year and a half to rebuild my Mom's white VW bug
(mainly due to the lack of parts and money to do it...)
finally got it running but it ran like SH#$ and i tried everything but the miss-fire was hopping all over the place and didn't want to take throttle either
so we brought home another 5 gal can of gas and dumped it in there and all of a sudden the car started easy and ran like a top ! ....that was back when they first changed the fuel formula for California.... they have been messing with it every sense.... you have no idea what you'll get at the gas pump anymore !
.... that gas that was in the triumph had sta-bul in it and so did my RX4 at that time but I have filled them up sense then...
the Ninja and my Kids bike still have the Sta-bul fuel in their tanks.... ain't ran them much ! LOL
i think i just got a bad load of fuel because soon as it was gone and new fuel put in there I haven't had to clean the pilot jets sense....
which means I should get some injector cleaner for the CRV and probably the RX4 as well.... Sigh ! what the heck, it's only money ! HAHAHAH
later !
Bob...