View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2022, 11:15 PM   #64
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL WORSE I stripped it out like a madman ! the Allen wrench just spun in there ! ..... but I brute forced my way out of the delima I took a SAE socket type allen thingie and put it on an extension ( an old beat up one) and drove the thing into the bolt till it stopped.... it had a real good bite then so I put a lever on my ratchet and it popped loose !
i got real REAL lucky on that one i could see months of work just to get that bolt out but it came out easy !
I've never been a big fan of Allen head bolts because of that reason... usually in the past the Allen wrench would bend or twist or strip out but on this one the bolt itself stripped...... I bet you, I won't make that mistake again on that bike.... I'll be really sure the Allen wrench is bottomed out before I start turning it... HAHAHAHAHAH I have better Allen wrenches now than I had in the past and their not too bad..... but what caused this is the ball swivel end of one of the socket sets snapped off in the bolt.... it's like maybe I should start using those torque wrenches I bought a while back <GRIN>

Bob.......