Thread: Nude '98
View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2018, 02:00 AM   #11
kaos
ninjette.org member

Name: Trev

Motorcycle(s): GPX250

I ordered a speedo from ebay last week and it arrived today. From what I have read and watched on youtube these gauges are pretty much hit & miss. I miss the old Koso that used to be on her, should never have sold it. This gauge is bigger than I thought it would be and the Koso was perfect.
Anyway the various internet banter on the gauge has already come in handy. Someone had done a wiring diagram for it and it helped me get it powered. The instructions that came with it are crap. Red/ positive Green/negative...except as someone worked out Red is for the memory and the actual positive is the black wire labeled as "positive electric door lock" LOL. I can't really play with anything else on the gauge until the frame is painted, engine mounted and electrics in. I also really need my headlight and indicators to show up so I can sort the wiring as I only want to cut/shut it once.

Oh I also switched paints to a Rustoleum 2x satin black and hit the tank with a couple of coats. It is much blacker than the Dulux and it also dried in 20min as advertised. I also used the 2x satin clear to go over top of it. Im hoping it will hold up to petrol spills though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180604_181205.jpg (72.9 KB, 13 views)