Old January 13th, 2019, 06:53 AM   #30
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
My personal favourite is Dupon Imron. It takes 25-30 minutes to finish flowing and gives wet-drip gloss with no orange-peel. Forced-air mask required due to cyanide.
I have to agree. I painted my H2 with Imron around 1980 and that paint still in pretty good shape. Gasoline doesn't do anything to it, and neither does brake fluid. When I had to clean bad gas out of the tank a few years ago after an extended storage, even the lacquer thinner I used didn't hurt the Imron. You have to put it on the way you want it to look though, without the wet sanding and polishing that is often done with other paints.

Spraymax 2K is right up there. From what I have gathered, it's an acrylic urethane, and the convenience of a 2-part clear that comes in a single spray can makes it very useful for motorcycle parts. It's a little easier to spray than Imron, being more forgiving about getting a high gloss without runs. Imron makes you walk a pretty fine line between getting rid of orange peel and getting sags and runs. Unless they've modified it a little in the last 40 years, that is.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote