View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2019, 01:59 PM   #1
alexhart
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250R

Talking My First Ninja 250 & Street Fighter Conversion

Hello Ninjette.org! This is my first post. I just bought my first motorcycle which was an 07 Ninja 250! I am pumped to become an active member.

*Pictures Below*

I picked this thing up for $900 from a guy off Facebook. It runs (has some rattling but hey it runs).

The guy had done the bug eye headlights and called it a "Street Fighter" conversion but I thought it could use some more touches. I bought a classic 7" headlight for it and then, like a rookie, DROPPED IT AND BROKE THE HEADLIGHT after I had pulled out the wiring for the bug eyes so now that I had to put them back on, they don't work so that's fun. It was a plastic China knockoff so no foul.

Let me know what you guys think or if you have any suggestions on after market parts?! I am also going to need to figure out the idle problem. I have to keep adjusting the idle because it wants to sit at like 4,000rpm and if I go lower it sometimes just putters and die. Maybe a carb issue?

Here are some side by side pictures of when I bought it and after I was done doing my street fighter look conversion.

What I did:
-Cut front fender to take some weight off it and painted
-Cut fairings for naked frame look and painted
-Wheels painted
-New Taillight w/ integrated turn signals
*Ordering new headlight so that's coming.

BEFORE

AFTER

alexhart is offline   Reply With Quote