View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2011, 01:42 PM   #41
afbarr
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250, 2009 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic (rip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeX View Post
So yeah, as for the double edged sword: What are you trying to do? Racer X needs maximum horsepower (so high RPM) and hence would need a large diameter or short intake runner. If you want a little more "umpff" getting out of the hole for stop-light to stop-light riding, you might extend your runners.
At the moment I am more interested in a street bike with good low and midrange torque. So I guess I sabotaged myself by removing the airbox. It sounds like I should add back the runners (or fab longer ones). But I'm going to run them without them for awhile to be able to compare later on when I add them back (plus I'm tired of my bike being in pieces and last night I finally put the carburetors back in. I need to adjust the throttle cables and put the gas tank back on before the weekend as I hope to be installing steel braided galfer brake lines if they arrive!). Then next week I should be ready to test the jetting assuming the weather is fine.

Before I put the carbs back in, I did replace put in a dynojet needle and a Keihin 108 main jet (I have Keihin sizes 105-115 to work with). I also replaced all 8 screws on the float bowls and all 8 screws on the vacuum covers with hex-head screws. And I have the offset screw driver adapter and the 3mm hex bit so I am set to "easily" change jets and needle height going forward. I'll also be installing carb sync tubes and already have the Carbmate vacuum tester. So I'm ready

So how do you know all this stuff? All this stuff is fascinating to me and I want to learn more about it.
afbarr is offline   Reply With Quote