Thread: Race Tires 2017
View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2017, 11:46 PM   #20
tgold
ninjette.org sage

Name: Timm

Motorcycle(s): 2006 1050 Speed Triple, 2010 250 Ninja racebike, YZF320RR? Racebike

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Wolfe View Post
I think i'm pretty set on getting a set of Pirelli SC's. For the 250, are folks using the 140 or 150 in back? How are the Pirelli's in the wet?
140 is the correct size for the stock rear width and works very well. I used the Persmellys all of last year and I was very happy with the grip and tire life.
Putting a 150 on the back is a waste because you can't use all of the tire due to the pinched profile. Plus you are adding weight in one of the worst places possible.

I've got two sets of Alpha 13 takeoffs that I bought from Bruce for my endurance bike. Couldn't pass up the price. The only time I had on them was a few runs up and down the parking lot and I thought something was wrong when I hit the brakes and the front tire slid on the pavement sealer. The Pirellis didn't do that. Not a big deal though, It's not like I'm racing on sealer covered racetracks and it has to do with the harder compound center tread section on the A13s. My teammates raced on them a couple of weekends ago and they were ok with them when the track was warm. I'll evaluate them myself in a couple of weeks at the next race and I'll decide if we will continue with the Dunflops or go back to the Pirellis.
tgold is offline   Reply With Quote