View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2017, 05:07 PM   #85
jrshooter
ninjette.org guru

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacRyann View Post
I tried new combination these past couple weeks. Two weeks ago at Laguna Seca and last week @ Sears Point/Sonoma.
front: 110/70-17 Dunlop Alpha-13 SP @ 27psi
rear: 150/60-17 Dunlop Alpha-13 regular @ 25psi
I must say that Alpha-13 SP has much softer casing than any tyre before. I was practically able to mount it by hand without any tyre-levers! Well, used levers for last 6" of bead and that was it.

Using sticker front-tyre really helped balance bike's handling given vastly different tyre sizes (stock front with +2 size increase in rear). Front-end still pushed at limit, but did so at higher grip-level and slid more gently and controllable than before with regular A-13.

Still can't get 150 back-end to let go no matter what kind of maneuvers I did. Maybe if I did abnormal stuff like slam on back brakes I can get it to come around. Full-throttle in corners just increased speed and tucked front-end. So there's still mis-match with using 110/150 tyres on N250R, even with stickier front tyre.

Once I go through these Alpha-13s, I may try Bridgestone V02 GP125 90/120 soft/medium combo that fast riders are using. Lower rotational-weight for faster acceleration and even better grip!
intersting,
ive seen the boys going the oppisite way also and doing really good. bridgestone 250 slicks 120/165
jrshooter is offline   Reply With Quote