View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2020, 05:25 PM   #223
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Hello from the darkness,
It has been way too long since I last posted here. My wife has sold her Ninja 250 (no new bike yet) and track season has passed. I lost my job on April 22, 2020 due to Covid 19 and have been jobless ever since. I applied to Connecticut unemployment on May 5, 2020 and received a confirmation e-mail the following day May 6. The e-mail said they are processing my claim and due to pandemic, they were way behind so dont do anything until I receive a 2nd email. Cut to 6 months later, I had to consult a wonderful Labor attorney who finally managed to speak to more than a recording at the CT DOL. The CT DOL told me to apply in Mass where I live as they were not going to do the little bit of digging to find my wages. Mass DOL had told me to apply for unemployment in CT at that is where my work is located. 6 months of having the CT DOL just play recordings and hanging up on you. I called them more than 50X some days and sent 100's of e-mails yet nothing, could not reach a human being nor retrieve any further instructions than : Please refer to our Job Centers with any additional questions or problems there is a list of Job center locations on our web page. Once on the web page (I promise to get to track riding very soon this is relevant) they tell you all job centers are indefinately closed due to pandemic!! I have reapplied to Mass and hope to have a resolution soon or no track next year.

Since I was home all summer and I had a membership for Tony's Track days, I figured I would make lemonade. I was able to do more track days this year than the past 3 years combined! I was able to purchase some IMA adjustable triple clamps for the track 999 and some Galfer Tsunami brake rotors so as usual, the bike was way more ready than I. My 2003 999 has been 99% track for the last 5 years and I could not be more happy with this bike as a track hack. The issues I reported in the many posts above were not the bikes fault and 100% caused by the rider...AKA....me. Several of the users on this forum have ridden the bike and none experienced the issue that I described. Last season, 2019, I managed to figure out that the foot pegs were too far forward and too high for me causing me to have to support my body with my hands once the bike was past street lean angles. The street lean angles part was what took so long to figure out this issue as I never experienced this off the track. My best lap time of the Pamler Mass track counter clockwise was 2:16 approx. I have been using the same tire brand since my crash back several years ago: Dunlop Q3 or Q3+. I developed high confidence and feel with these tires. So we have trusted tires, great brakes, improved ergonomics and with the new offset triple clamps, better geometry.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote